Do you really need to pay somebody to tell you to eat chicken and rice?
I see it on social media constantly, the hype, the excitement. And rightly so, people should be happy that they are making a difference to their lifestyle to have a really positive impact.
But chicken and rice? Really?
You’re telling me that you wouldn’t have thought to put together two of the most basic, bland ingredients to make a meal that’s fewer calories than what you normally have?
Chicken and rice is the starting point for most, it’s also the jump off point for most after they end up getting bored. Tired of the same bland food. Every. Single. Day.
People see amazing results with their coaches by eating this magic meal, but come 12 weeks later, we are heading back to square one. Why? Because people get bored of it. It’s not sustainable and it’s not healthy in the long run.
Your tastebuds are screaming for flavour, your digestive system isn’t happy as you start to become constipated... yep.
Think about this, if your coach has put you on a chicken and rice diet, are you going to stick to AFTER your plan with them finishes? - most likely not because the world is full of choice and tasty food.
I also advise that you don’t stick to it, because your body needs variation. It needs a range of vitamins and minerals, things that it can’t get from eating solely chicken and rice. You need variation to be healthy.
So, if you want to succeed in your diet. If you want to lose weight and keep the weight off, here’s what you need to do.
- Don’t accept a chicken and rice diet from your PT unless it features lots of other meal options too.
- Only embark on a diet if you can see yourself on the same it a year from now. If you can, it mean it’s sustainable.
- Don’t starve yourself on a diet, your body still needs energy to function. I would never ever recommend going under 1000 calories. As an example, most of my female clients are on around 1600cals minimum.
- Take your time, it’s your journey, at your pace. Don’t rush it.
- Stay consistent. Results will come.
You can do this. If you need any help at all, please contact us. That’s what we’re here for.